So why is John Doe such a big fan of old school bodybuilders, you may ask? Well, I'm interested in the old school for a number of reasons.
1. Guys trained harder
2. Pics were taken of them because their physiques were deserving of it. They didn't take a bunch of selfies and plaster it all over Facebook like they were some big star.
3. Nobody self promoted themselves. It was simple back then; you brought your balls to the gunfight or you stayed home.
4. Motherfuckers weren't constantly crying about what they didn't have or needed to get. They used what they had available and busted ass.
5. Many of them had legitimate jobs and were respected for other things besides bodybuilding.
6. Guys didn't nit pick over how many meals they hit that day. Remember, this was before the microwave hit the market.
7. There was a greater sense of brotherhood and they stuck together. Guys nowadays are fucking assholes.
8. They actually went out and did stuff; they didn't remain recluses who were afraid that any little thing they did was going to hurt their precious bodybuilding.
9. More guys openly talked about steroids. Yes, they busted ass but they didn't chalk up all of their results because they used the newest and hottest supplement on the market.
10. Being big and strong was what girls wanted, and the ideal American man.
11. They had better balance between size and definition. No they weren't as lean as most competitors today, but they still had the strength to boot. They carried a more well-rounded look all year rather than look shredded for a week and fat the rest of the year.
12. They competed more often. Guys nowadays put so much into just 1 show a year
13. They dressed nicer. They wore form fitting clothes and could still wear a suit and tie. These idiots now all rock these retarded xxxxl sweatshirts or hoodies. Why the fuck would you bodybuild just to hide your results and hard work? It makes no sense to me.
14. They had personality. It wasn't like talking to some zombie. Talk to most guys nowadays, you'd have better conversations with a wall.
15. They didn't suffer through life just to pay for fucking steroids.
Don’t forget to check out Straight From the Underground, the new underground bodybuilding bible!